We have one confirmed case of chicken pox.
1. Chickenpox starts with red spots. They can appear anywhere on the body.
2. The spots fill with fluid. The blisters may burst. They might spread or stay in a small area.
3. The spots scab over. More blisters might appear while others scab over.
You might get symptoms before or after the spots, including: a high temperature above 38C
• aches and pains, and generally feeling unwell
• loss of appetite
• Chickenpox is very itchy and can make children feel miserable, even if they don't have many spots.
Chickenpox is usually much worse in adults. It's possible to get chickenpox more than once, although it's unusual.
You'll need to stay away from school, nursery until all the spots have crusted over. This is usually 5 days after the spots first appeared.